Bagging a cheap flight ticket is no easy feat. With the hundreds and thousands of options that are readily available on one search, choosing the best offers for yourself might seem like the hardest thing to do. So, what do you do to get the tickets that you want? The answer is simple. You do your research well and spend your time sifting through all the options that you get in the hopes of finding the right SFO to New Delhi flight for yourself. But, what if you are short on time? What if you do not want to spend hours on the internet looking for the perfect cheap tickets to India?
The answer is pretty simple yet again. You use some secret hacks that airline companies do not want you to know when you book your flight tickets. To make the whole booking process much easier for you, we have here five of the best hacks that are guaranteed to get you the cheap flight ticket that you have been dreaming about. To land the plane tickets of your dream, all you need to do is keep these tips in mind, anytime you make a search on the internet. Keep reading and find out what hacks you can use to get the tickets that will fit right into any budget.
- Look for one seat at a time: A clever thing that most airlines do is offer great deals on single tickets. So, if you are flying with a friend or your partner, looking for two tickets might show you a higher price. Any time that you make a search online, make sure that you search for one plane ticket. Doing so will ensure that you get a good offer. In this way, when you book two flight tickets, you can save some money on one ticket, thus making a good saving overall. Airlines also tend to offer good deals when you book an odd number of flight tickets, so booking as a couple is not always a great choice. Make sure that you check the price of a single flight ticket to a double flight ticket, so you have the best deal when you finally make your reservations.
- Check if it is cheaper to pay using another currency: Many people might not know it, but ticket prices also vary depending on the countries you book from. The same flight ticket costs different in different countries, and a big reason for it is the currency of payment. As some currencies have a higher value than others, paying in some currencies might turn out to be more expensive than the others. To check the rate in different currencies, you can get a VPN and then check where the flight ticket that you want is cheaper. Once you have found a cheaper flight ticket, you can pay in that currency and save a good amount of money for the rest of your trip.
- Become a member of a loyalty program: All airlines offer their own loyalty programs that you can join to earn points or miles each time you fly with them. In addition to the loyalty programs that airlines have, there are also three major airline alliances that allow you to gain and redeem miles or points each time you fly with partner airlines. Becoming a member of these loyalty programs or airline alliances can be of great help when you are trying to save some money on your flight tickets. The points that you earn when you fly with these airlines, can be redeemed to get cheaper flight tickets and even upgrades on your flight tickets. Along with the superb offers, you may also be able to unlock some great amenities that are only available to loyal customers of the airline.
- Join a mailing list: Be it the airline website or other ticket booking platforms, each website offers you the chance to subscribe to emails and newsletters. Most people don’t subscribe to these emails or don’t pay any attention to them, even if they do. That is a big mistake that most people make. These emails and newsletters are a gold mine when it comes to getting a cheap flight ticket. Such newsletters and mailing lists can let you know about the discounts offered by airlines, and you can be one of the first ones to land some great deals.
- Get a throwaway ticket: Getting a throwaway ticket is a tricky thing to do. Sometimes, it may happen that flying directly to your destination is expensive. However, when you choose to take a layover at your destination and fly to some other place, it is much cheaper. So, what you can do is book your flight to another destination, and when you reach the layover (which is your desired destination), you throw away the other half of your ticket. Now, doing this does require some work, but it is absolutely worth it in the end.
Armed with these secrets tricks, you will be able to bag the most affordable deals and discount offers. No matter what your budget is, there is always an option out there. These secret hacks will make sure you find the best option for you and enjoy a wonderful vacation with your loved ones.