The next step after purchasing the extender is to make sure that the extender is set up properly. To ensure that the installation of the extender is performed in the appropriate manner, there are some steps you need to follow.
To set up your extender in the simplest of ways, follow the steps described below:
- Place the extender on a table after unpacking your device, but make sure it is close to the router that both devices need to be close to each other so that you can properly attach it.
- Then connect the power cable into the extender, then plug the power cable into the socket of the wall.
- Switch the extender on and let the LEDs glow and stabilise.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the extender with the router to ensure a secure internet network.
- Now, go to your desktop or tablet and open a web browser, and in order to open the installation assistant, enter mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- To connect the extender to your existing Wi-Fi network, follow the prompts.
- You can now disconnect the extender from the power socket and disconnect the back of the extender from the Ethernet cable. Switch the extender to a new position where there is a minimal or entirely absent signal power.
- Now, check if the LED of the router is flashing amber or green, and if it is not, then plug the extender into an outlet where it is a little closer to the router than its current location.
- Now, reconnect to the Wi-Fi network created by the extender on your mobile device or computer.
- By shifting your mobile device or computer to an area where you have encountered low signal quality, you can measure the range.
Unable to Reset your wi-fi Extender?
A WiFi Range Extender, being an electronic system, is prone to errors and technical faults, and if you come across any of these problems with your extender, you can try to solve it using the details available on the web, but if the problem continues to occur, you have the option of resetting the extender as a last step. If you can’t reset the Range Extender, then maybe you’re doing it all wrong. This is how the extender can be reset:
- On the back or bottom of the extender, a reset button is mentioned.
- As it is recessed, you can’t just push the reset button, so you’ll have to use a pointing object like a paperclip or pen to press the reset button.
- For 5 seconds or until you see amber lights on the LEDs of the extender, press and hold the button.
- Your extender is reset with that and now, you can set it up like a new Wi-Fi Range Extender.
- If your extender can not be reset, either there could be a hardware problem or you are not pressing the reset button in the correct way.
- If required, take the aid of experts, but make sure that the reset process is performed correctly.